Whakarewarewa Village Tour
Experience an authentic Living Maori Village filled with living culture, geography and earth sciences.
Levels Available: 1, 2, 3
Subjects Available: Geography, History, Science, Tourism
- Experience an authentic Living Maori Village where people live on a daily basis using the natural resources to cook, bathe and heat their homes on a daily basis.
- Enjoy a Maori Cultural Performance daily at 11.15am & 2.00pm by one of Rotoruas leading Kapa Haka Groups.
- See the fearsome Haka, performed by NZ Sporting teams.
- Learn about vibrant Maori Culture and traditions of the Tuhourangi / Ngati Wahiao people.
- View the geothermal wonders of Whakarewarewa Valley up close and personal, including the world famous Pohutu geyser, boiling mud-pools, steam vents and bubbling pools.
RAMS provided on request at time of booking.
Customised teaching material and coverage available for AS 91007, AS 91009, AS 91011, AS 91240, US 17788, US 24728 with more resources to come.
Don't see what you're looking for? Get in touch to discuss additional resources and options.